Fire Origin and Cause
According to the NFPA, fires in the United States in 2016 resulted in 3,390 fatalities, more than four times as many injuries and an estimated $10.6 billion in direct property loss. With the staggering exposures to life and property, the cause of every fire and explosion must be carefully investigated. Our teams of fire investigation experts have the knowledge required to conduct and manage complex fire investigations. We have the experience needed to steer the investigation from the initial site inspection through expert courtroom presentations.
Forensic Fire Investigators
Envista’s fire investigations are prompt, detailed and professional, covering a broad range of incidents, including:
Our investigations are multidisciplinary; we draw upon expertise in fire science, engineering, and chemistry to find the cause, and we communicate our findings in a clear, concise manner that can be readily understood by non-technical individuals. To aid in that process, some of our investigators use 3D scans through Matterport technology to provide quicker answers, produce models for scene documentation and evidence, while providing more of a "real-time" experience review of a scene without ever having to leave your desk. Learn more about this capability.
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions in Wildland Fire Claims
- What Is Ammonium Nitrate and Why Can It Be So Dangerous?
- Wildfire Evacuation Plan
- The Causes and Investigation of Heavy Equipment Trucking Fires
- Top 15 Tips: Wildfire Evacuation Checklist
- Top 10 Checklist for Analyzing Complex Wildland Fires
- Mudslides and Debris Flows Associated with Wildfires
- Subrogation in Fire Investigations: Advantages of Protocols
- Electrical Fires: What you Need to Know about Lithium-ion Batteries
- EIFS: Construction efficiency or construction concern?
- Fire/Smoke Damage to equipment at High School
- Commercial shopping center fire
- Fire at global telecommunications R&D facility damages high-end IT equipment
- Natural gas power plant explosion
- Construction Consulting
- Civil Failure Analysis
- Cyber Incident Response
- Digital Forensics Investigation
- Electrical Failure Analysis
- Energy Failure Analysis and Forensic Investigation
Equipment Loss Consulting
- Expert Witness and Litigation Support
- Fire Origin and Cause
Major Loss Services
- Material Failure Analysis
- Mechanical Failure Analysis
SIU and Fraud Investigations
- Transportation & Injury Biomechanics