Manufacturing facilities vary widely. They range from basic assembly lines where parts are delivered to the line, added to the final product or a component, and then moved on down the line. Or the facility may be designed to contain work cells where individual components are assembled.
No matter the type of facility, manufacturing facilities are fascinating because they involve many processes that can go wrong or lead to inefficiencies.
- The flow of material through a manufacturing facility is critical. How it flows, where it is delivered to, when it is delivered there, and how it is handled once it reaches its final destination is important.
- The layout of the facility also determines the efficiency of the operation. One wants short travel times, enough space to safely operate, and material handling systems to move product as needed.
- The work environment is also impacted by the lighting, temperature, cleanliness, work space design, and proper tooling.
Reviewing this partial list illustrates that manufacturing facilities are complex. Understanding this complexity is important when investigation accidents, fires, or manufacturing failures because of the interaction of the different systems within the facility. The equipment within the facility often requires machine guards to protect the worker. In these situations, one needs to understand the interaction of the work with the machine.
Many accidents can occur through the use of material handling equipment (conveyors, fork lifts, carts, etc.). Injuries in the work place require an understanding of the equipment, facility, and how they are part of the manufacturing process.
No matter the type of facility, Envista engineers can work with you to analyze the failure, accident, or safety situation in order to understand what went wrong and why.
- Construction Consulting Services | Envista Forensics
- Civil Failure Analysis
- Cyber Incident Response
- Digital Forensics Investigator
- Electrical Failure Analysis
- Energy Failure Analysis and Forensic Investigation
Equipment Loss Consulting
- Expert Witness and Litigation Support
- Fire Origin and Cause
Major Loss Services
- Material Failure Analysis
- Mechanical Failure Analysis
SIU and Fraud Investigations
- Transportation & Injury Biomechanics