Product liability cases can be complex and it is critical to determine what happened – if anything – and how it happened. Your case may require a mechanical engineering design expert, or an electrical engineer familiar with electronic board design. No matter if it is plaintiff or defense, you need to know why a particular product failed and why. Envista engineers and staff will work with you to determine the exact type of expert you need.
We can assist in determining if the product failed because it was used improperly (failure to warn), manufactured incorrectly (manufacturing defect), or designed improperly from the start (design defect). A wide variety of experts may be needed exist and are available to assist in assessing your product.
The types of experts needed can be very diverse and include:
- Mechanical engineering design experts who are familiar with the design process.
- Materials engineering experts who can assess whether the right materials were used in a design.
- Electrical engineering design experts with experience from soldering components on to boards, assessing power generation facilities, to something as complex as tin whiskers.
- Experts in the analysis of engineering products.
- Chemical or chemistry experts to evaluate adhesives or why a certain chemical is off-gassing from the product.
Our experts have experience with a wide variety of cases and investigations. Examples include:
- Exercise equipment
- Recreational vehicles
- Commercial products
- Chemical adhesives
- Circuit boards
- Laptop computers
To speak with an Envista Engineer regarding a product liability matter, please call us at +1 847 559-3000.