Fire and Arson Investigations
Fire investigations are complex to begin with, however, determining if a fire was caused by an arsonist requires an extremely skilled investigator that is experienced in forensic arson investigation.
Envista fire investigators are certified by the NAFI (National Association of Fire Investigators) and IAAI (International Association of Arson Investigators) as CFI and CFEI, and many of our experts in fire forensics possess the experience necessary to identify arson.
Forensic Arson Investigation
Since the results of fire-fighting efforts often destroy pertinent evidence that is essential to determining origin and cause, Envista arson investigators use their strong foundation in fire science to first determine if the fire was accidental. Assuming accidental causes can be ruled out, and arson is determined, our skilled experts work with law enforcement to begin an investigation.
In preparing their investigation, Envista's arson investigators look to answer the below questions:
- Were there multiple points of origin?
- Is there any presence of accelerants?
- Was the color of the smoke noteworthy?
- Were any hydrants, standpipes, alarm systems or sprinkler systems inoperable at the time of the fire?
- What was the condition of the doors and windows?
- Was there anything abnormal about the way the fire burned?
- Were there any items (equipment, chemicals, etc.) present in the structure at the time of the fire that wouldn't normally be present?
3D Scans and Modeling
Our investigators use 3D scans through Matterport technology to aid in providing quicker service, interactive 3D modeling, scene documentation and evidence collection. This technology allows for a "real-time" experience review of a scene for adjusters or attorneys without ever having to leave the office. Learn more about this capability.
If you need help assessing a case, please reach out to our fire investigation team to find the right arson investigator for your claim.