Fire Arson Investigation
Fire investigations are complex to begin with, however, determining if a fire was caused by an arsonist requires an extremely skilled investigator that is experienced in forensic arson investigation.
Envista fire investigators are certified by by the NAFI (National Association of Fire Investigators) and IAAI (International Association of Arson Investigators) as CFI and CFEI, and many of our experts in fire forensics possess the experience necessary to identify arson.
Forensic Arson Investigation
Since the results of fire-fighting efforts often destroy pertinent evidence that is essential to determining origin and cause, Envista arson investigators use their strong foundation in fire science to first determine if the fire was accidental. Assuming accidental causes can be ruled out, and arson is determined, our skilled experts work with law enforcement to begin an investigation.
In preparing their investigation, Envista's arson investigators look to answer the below questions:
- Were there multiple points of origin?
- Is there any presence of accelerants?
- Was the color of the smoke noteworthy?
- Were any hydrants, standpipes, alarm systems or sprinker systems inoperable at the time of the fire?
- What was the condition of the doors and windows?
- Was there anything abnormal about the way the fire burned?
- Were there any items (equipment, chemicals, etc.) present in the structure at the time of the fire that wouldn't normally be present?
If you need help assessing a case, please reach out to our fire investigation team to find the right arson investigator for your claim.
- Forensic Engineering & Failure Analysis
- Electrical Engineering Experts
- Fire Origin and Cause
- Material Failure Analysis
- Mechanical Failure Analysis
- Transportation & Injury Biomechanics
- Digital Forensics
- Expert Witness and Litigation Support