Assessing building infrastructure losses requires an experienced engineer well versed in building systems. The interrelatedness of infrastructure systems requires a multi-disciplined approach to claim investigation. For example, when a sprinkler head failed and the fire alarm panel did not alarm, resulting in a large quantity of water being deposit into a building, was the fire alarm panel malfunction a result of the electrical surge received earlier in the day or from the lack of testing and maintenance on the fire alarm panel?
Items investigated during an infrastructure claim include:
- What was the root cause of the incident?
- Did the associated infrastructure systems contribute to the severity of the incident?
- What do the service and maintenance records for the equipment reveal?
- Is there subrogation potential in this loss?
Envista is skilled at assessing a complicated event and breaking it down into its component parts. These results are relayed to you and your clients in a clear and concise manner.
- Forensic Engineering & Failure Analysis
- Electrical Engineering Experts
- Fire Origin and Cause
- Material Failure Analysis
- Mechanical Failure Analysis
- Transportation & Injury Biomechanics
- Digital Forensic
- Expert Witness and Litigation Support