Computer forensics is used to help detect or prevent crime, as well as assist in settling disputes where evidence is stored digitally.
Claims involving any wrongdoing such as employee misconduct, banking fraud or financial tampering, computer crimes such as hacking or manipulation require companies to take action, and many turn to computer forensic investigators to piece together the truth.
Computer Forensics Investigators
Envista's computer forensics investigators utilize the most technologically advanced software, tools and expertise to respond, collect, preserve, and analyze Electronically Stored Information (ESI) to uncover the root cause of digital incidents.
Our experts assist legal professionals and business owners on the most complex and sensitive investigative or litigation matters involving electronic evidence or data preservation.
Some sophisticated attackers will utilize anti-forensic techniques to hide their tracks. Our computer forensics investigators know where to look to identify and uncover these tracks.
We can help determine:
- Who is behind the attack or loss? Who is responsible for security failures?
- What happened, and what data was compromised? Was this intentional or a "mistake"?
- When did the incident take place? When should the company have known?
- Where did the confidential information, trade secrets or customer information go?
- How did the breach occur?
Computer Forensics Company
With a focus on authentication and chain of custody preservation, Envista's forensic investigators have worked on some of the most well-known, high-profile legal cases. We analyze available data so that accurate conclusions can be drawn regarding the fundamental cause of the event.
Envista experts have vast experience at not only identifying cyber breach indicators, but also in interpreting those indicators and presenting them in an evidentiary fashion. Our findings are documented in an expert report crafted by battle-tested professionals with world-class pedigrees, certifications, and significant court testimony experience.
More from our Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Experts
- Our latest white paper, The Future of Autonomous Vehicles: Risk with Privacy and Tracking, speaks to the risk of data security in a world where even our vehicles are constantly connected. This new technology will result in a shift in privacy and an entirely new area of forensic and litigation expertise. Download the White Paper.
- Read our FAQ, Common Questions Asked in Cell Phone Forensics Trucking Accidents for the top three questions and answers posed to our experts and real case scenarios where this information and expertise helped in litigation. Download the FAQ.
- Check out our blog, for articles such as Ransomware Attacks, Impacts to Businesses and Insurance Claims and Call Detail Records: The Super P