We live in a digital world, and cyber attacks against businesses and institutions are growing in frequency and impact. Cyber incidents, once quietly mentioned only in computer trade publications, now splash the front pages of leading business news outlets, and the business impact is dramatic and costly. Regardless of the source of the attack or the underlying motive, the end result is often the same, business disruption, significant public-relations damage, customer litigation exposure, and often a major financial loss.
These sensational cyber risks and attacks have driven an explosive demand for cyber insurance and cyber forensics investigation services. But the existence of cyber insurance does not completely mitigate the problem, and the identification of the root cause of the cyber security incident often becomes critical.
Digital Forensics Investigator
Digital forensic investigators analyze evidence, which could be any type of material found on a digital device, to aid in discovery and determination of what happened in a given incident. Our digital forensic investigators are different from our cyber security experts, who analyze data breach and data loss.
Our digital forensic experts primarily focus on:
- Cell Phone Forensics
- Cellular Technology/Tracking Forensics
- Global Positioning System (GPS) Forensics
- Infotainment and Telematics
Computer Forensics Investigator
When your client or insured suffers a data loss, our computer forensics team can respond and secure their Electronically Stored Information (ESI), log files, and IT system data so that spoliation does not occur. They work to uncover the impact and the level of access reached by the outside party, as well as the extent of damage and repair.
Our computer forensic investigators can assist with:
More from our Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Experts
- Our latest white paper, The Future of Autonomous Vehicles: Risk with Privacy and Tracking, speaks to the risk of data security in a world where even our vehicles are constantly connected. This new technology will result in a shift in privacy and an entirely new area of forensic and litigation expertise. Download the White Paper.
- Read our FAQ, Common Questions Asked in Cell Phone Forensics Trucking Accidents for the top three questions and answers posed to our experts and real case scenarios where this information and expertise helped in litigation. Download the FAQ.
- Check out our blog, for articles such as Tips for a Safe Holiday Season, Ransomware Attacks: Impacts to Businesses and Insurance Claims and Call Detail Records: The Super Phone Bill.
- Register for a Webinar, The impacts of technology on Vehicle Accident Investigations
- The Big Three: Phishing, Ransomware, and Data Exfiltration (NA CE)
- Consumer Electronics and the IoT: The Future of Digital Evidence in Claims and Litigation (NA CE)
- Digital Breadcrumbs: Follow the Trail for Your Client and Litigation Success (NA CLE)
- Forensics of a Cyber Breach and Malware Attack: How Cyber Experts are Key to Unlocking Data (NA CLE)
- The Big Three: Phishing, Ransomware, and Data Exfiltration (EMEA)
- Portable Mobile Device Claims (APAC)
- Data Recovery Investigations (APAC)
- Portable Mobile Device Claims (Oceania)
- Data Recovery Investigations (Oceania)
- Top 10 Digital Tips for a Safe Holiday Season
- Are There Really Flaws in Cell Phone Location Evidence?
- 3 Important Steps After a Cyber Breach
- The Risks of the IIoT to Business Networks
- 11 Tips to Protect Against Cyber Breach at Tax Time
- Ransomware Attacks: Impacts to Businesses and Insurance Claims
- Call Detail Records: The Super Phone Bill
- The IIoT and Autonomous Vehicle Risks
- Digital Security Travel 'Hacks' You Need to Know