Ransomware Removal Services
A ransomware attack involves a cyber criminal utilizing malicious software to encrypt or otherwise block a user or organization from accessing their own data in order to extort money from the victim. Until the victim pays the ransom, using cryptocurrency like BitCoin, they are locked out of their own systems. The inability to access data can be devastating to the reputation of an organization, rendering them incapable of performing even the most basic of business functions. This can lead to extensive business interruption, data loss, and even damage to physical property.
During this time the bad actor is using the computer user’s credentials to access data, including shared drives or shared files. Many times, clients need access to a company that can not only communicate with the bad actors, but facilitate a resolution to get back in business. And that’s where Envista comes in—we provide services for all of this, while maintaining everyone’s anonymity.
Ransomware Emergency Services
When a business goes down due to an attack time is of the essence. We provide ransomware recovery emergency services 24/7 year-round, to get you back up and running--fast. To report an incident, fill out our contact form here.
Removing ransomware is a multi-stage process, requiring specific tools, assets, and expertise to be in place long before the ransomware attack occurs. The roadmap to recovery includes:
- Establishing an anonymous line of communication with the bad actor.
- Obtaining “proof of life,” or the ability of the bad actor to prove the private key sent actually decrypts or can restore the victim’s data by sending sample files selected by our experts.
- Minimizing financial exposure and brokering a resolution of the demand.
- Forensically examining the provided decryption utility to ensure there isn’t any hidden malicious code contained inside.
- Assisting the victim in decrypting and restoring their data using the decryption utility.
Envista Forensics has been providing forensic consulting solutions for insurance professionals, legal professionals, and businesses since the 1980’s. Our cyber experts are highly experienced in all areas of digital forensics including computer forensics, ethical hacking, ransomware, and cybersecurity. Envista uses only qualified experts, and offers even more advanced internal training, to perform our ransomware recovery services.
- A full-service solution. We operate and conduct all parts of this process, including brokering the resolution, all in-house. We do not outsource.
- 24/7 emergency services available to handle any incident, no matter the amount.
- Minimizing financial exposure for the victim and ensuring the key's validity prior to any transaction.
- Maintaining access to our own account to assist with resolution.
- Cost-effective solution, as we do not charge a percent of the amount you’ve been asked to pay, we charge based solely on the services provided.
- Analysis of a cyber breach event can also be performed in conjunction to a ransomware event. If required, this additional service can be performed to determine the “how did this happen?” questions that usually arise.