When large-scale machinery stops working, it can be catastrophic for a business and present a potential safety hazard. These incidents can include CNC fire or CNC failure, crane malfunction, HVAC lightning damage assessments, turbine fires, spindle crash or breakdown, milling equipment failure, lathe failures, excavator and tractor failures, or generator breakdowns.
Heavy equipment was at the core of Envista's work when the company started 30 years ago. At the time, a lot of our consulting involved engineers determining and explaining the cause of large machinery failures. In the years that followed, we broadened our services and expertise to also include cost estimating, allowing our clients to get everything they need in one place. Our heavy equipment subject matter experts and engineers are specialized at what they do and can opine on the cause of failure and determine whether the cost presented is fair and valid.
Our expert heavy equipment loss consulting services include:
- Determining the cause of failure
- Testing equipment to determine the extent of damage
- Performing equipment inventory and validating configuration
- Working with vendors and manufacturers to determine the scope of repair or replacement
- Analysing pre-loss equipment to determine the comparable replacement
- Establishing replacement cost values, repair values, and actual cash values
- Remediation or mitigation consulting
- Assessing production impacts, lead times, and developing solutions to immediately restore production
- Composing comprehensive reports and analysis
- Desktop reviews
- Expert witness and litigation support
Heavy Equipment Loss Experts
Our global team of equipment loss experts has assisted on large, complex damage assessments as well as remote desk reviews to provide clients with costing expertise, repair or replacement options, reporting, litigation support, and more.
Following a loss, Envista's equipment loss experts are able to evaluate and analyse the failure of heavy equipment including:
- Tool and die equipment
- Utility vehicles
- Sortation systems
- Wind turbines and nacelles