Concrete failures take many forms, including spalling, cracking, delamination and premature dusting. Materials testing can reveal the root cause of the concrete failure. Concrete failures may also be linked to other structural issues including reinforcement and soil conditions.
Items investigated during a concrete claim include:
- Did the materials used match the concrete mix design?
- Was the concrete placed properly?
- Did the concrete cure properly?
- Are there any compatibility issues between the materials or environment?
- Was the concrete reinforcement adequate?
- Is the reinforcement within the concrete intact?
Envista's team of civil engineers assess concrete failures to determine the root cause of the failure. These results are conveyed to you and your clients in a clear and concise manner.
- Forensic Engineering & Failure Analysis
- Fire Origin & Cause
- Materials Failure Analysis
- Mechanical Failure Analysis