Electrical Engineer CFEI in Chicago, IL
This Expert is a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator and a registered engineer with extensive experience in electrical testing, construction, design, and management. As an investigator, he concentrates on inspection, analysis, and troubleshooting high voltage equipment, industrial control systems, failures, accidents, and fires. He investigates fires of electrical origin, electrical and electronic equipment failures, and human injury sustained via contact with electrically energized equipment. His experience also includes the effects of arcing faults, applications of recognized electrical and safety standards to equipment and conditions, as well as power plant and high-rise accident investigations. Additionally, he covers administrative topics such as training, procedures, personnel and supervisory issues, project management, and engineering economics. This expert possesses working knowledge of many state-of-the-art scientific tools, programs, and testing instrumentation in use today. He has provided academic lectures on topics in electrical and forensics fields, and testimony as an expert in accidents and fires.
- Computer control applications and systems testing
- Diesel generators
- Electrical system construction and installation
- Fire Protection Systems
- Flood damage and restoration of electrical equipment
- Industrial controls
- Industrial-residential fires and explosions
- Power plant controls
- Relays and protection schemes
- Specialized machinery and electric motor issues related to electrical energy
- Switchgear (high, medium and low voltage)
- Technical audits and construction inspections
- Transformers (large and small)
- Turbine generators
- Vehicular fires and failures
His areas of expertise include electro-mechanical system installation and commissioning, systems maintenance, calibrations, instrumentation, high voltage testing, special products testing, industrial ifmachinery and relays, protection systems, and digital control systems. Mr. Quinn participated in the construction of nuclear, fossil, and peaking power plant construction and is familiar with electrical installation, equipment testing, and Codes and Standards. He has designed and installed Systems Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and substation integration systems using state-of-the-art protocols and components. He has installed, tested, and modified Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and relevant software in the field. Further experience encompassed the development and commissioning of an instrument calibration and standards laboratory, heading a testing and technical auditing department, and participation in national standards development.
Request Expert for Project
Please fill out your information below to request an expert for your project.
Areas of Expertise
- B.S., Electrical Engineering
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator, from the National Association of Fire Investigators
- Illinois -Registered Engineer (EIT)