Petroleum Engineer Ph.D in Lafayette, LA
This expert has extensive experience in petroleum and environmental engineering, including onshore and offshore oil and gas drilling that includes jackup rigs on the shelf in the Gulf of Mexico, gravity platforms in the North Sea, and offshore platform rigs. He lectures in both the U.S. and Trinidad on offshore operation pitfalls such as jack up rig punch through and shallow gas dangers.
He has also been involved in various production operations, as well as environmental issues, including reservoir economics and habitat evaluation.
- Deep Water Drilling Applications
- Disposal of Hazardous Waste
- Drilling and Completion Fluids
- Drilling Fluids Drilling Technology
- Drilling Systems & Fluids
- Environmental Quality
- Fluids Engineering
- MWD & Surveying Systems
- Offshore compressor installations
- Offshore Operation
- Petroleum Environmental Issues
- Preparation and facilitation of evaluation of oilfield production buying packages
- Reservoir Economics
- Risk Management
- Safe drilling/workover practices
- Surface Mining Exploitation
- Tar Sand process and initial study for economic benefit of solvent extraction technique.
- Well site drilling supervision for extended reach, managed pressure drilling (MPD), well intervention
Acts as Subject Matter Expert to both the insurance and legal industries, providing consultation on a number of oil/gas-related matters. Has investigated and provided expert opinions for various Control of Well claims, numerous liability claims, property damage claims, and personal injury claims. Has worked on upstream, midstream, and downstream types of cases. Has been deposed on two occasions. Horizontal drill for gas transmission line when pipe became stuck, Beaumont, Texas (December 2015). Water Well claim on damages to completed well for city of Chandler, Texas (December 2015).
Drilling rig vendor out of contract regarding international rig order. Inspected rig and parts as per invoice and contract (October 2015), Houston, Texas.
Underground blowout in Gulf of Mexico, assess damage to cement job as per policy (September 2015), Bermuda.
Production oil forecast for operator in Argentina (June 2015). Combined exponential decline with historical production from workovers, new drills, and secondary wells to provide a forecast to quantify business interruption.
Forensic investigation when pipe exploded due to excessive pressure during a frack job in S. Texas (January 2014-August 2015).
Evaluated relationship between water well blowout/fire and proximate oil wells in simultaneous operations in W. Texas (February 2014).
Evaluated impact of mixing light oil into heavy oil/fuel storage tank and quantified theoretical flash point using accepted industry standards for that range of oil gravity (November 2014).
S. Texas Drilling Contractor plugging oil well on bid: Rig crew unable to plug well and shut off pressure in south Texas land location. Crew alleged the cause of pressure was due to dropped tubing. Our investigation concluded crew’s inability to shut off pressure was due rather to improper sealing of pressure at depth. Savings to client: $507,703.
Bakken shale fracking company: Two incidents involving cutting wire line led to extensive fishing oper
Request Expert for Project
Please fill out your information below to request an expert for your project.
Areas of Expertise
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering with Minor in Environmental Engineering
- M.S., Mineral Engineering
- B.S. Geology
- Registered Professional Engineer as both Petroleum Engineer since 1989 & Environmental Engineer since 1994